QUICK PASTA TOSS WITH ASPARAGUS, ROASTED RED PEPPERS, AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 servings rigatoni, cooked and drained*
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 stalks asparagus, washed and cut to pasta length
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 handful of sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free tomato and basil Feta, crumbled
- *Start the asparagus at the same time as adding the pasta to the boiling water.
- Heat the oil over med-high heat and add asparagus and red pepper flakes. Saute for 5 minutes, until asparagus just begins to brown a bit. Turn the heat down to low and add sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red bell peppers, and the garlic. Once the garlic begins to brown, remove from heat. Toss with pasta and divide between two bowls. Top with feta and enjoy.
NotesI often find myself over-run with vegetables at the end of the week - this week it's asparagus. I typically eat it oven-roasted but it's a really wonderful addition to a bowl of pasta:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More