QUICK QUESADILLA POCKETS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large, red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded, reduced-fat Mexican blend or Cheddar cheese
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained, optional
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Chow down on these handheld, Mexican-inspired sandwiches. Canned beans, corn and olives provide nutrients and slash prep time for a perfect halftime snack.
- Preparation Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Cook Time: Approximately 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, chili powder and onion powder and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, corn and salsa and heat through. Reduce heat to low. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese and stir until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Assemble quesadillas by arranging bean mixture evenly over half of each tortilla. Fold over, press down gently and place each on the baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining cheese and olives on quesadillas, if desired.
- Bake until cheese melts and tortillas become crisp at the edges, about 8 minutes. Cut into quarters and serve. Top with sour cream, if desired.
- Servings: 6
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 350; Total fat 9g; Saturated fat 2g; Sodium 630mg; Carbohydrate 49g; Fiber 9g; Protein 18g
- From "The Moms’ Guide to Meal Makeovers"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More