- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 4 oz. rigatoni (I use whole wheat)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 (3 oz.) spicy Italian sausage links, casings removed (I use chicken)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (including the juice)
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage or 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella
- Preheat the broiler. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Cook the rigatoni until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a large broiler-proof pan over medium heat. Add the sausage, breaking it up with your spoon/paddle. Stir in the garlic and cook until sausage has browned and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a few minutes before stirring in the half and half and the sage. Bring to a gentle simmer to thicken and season to taste again, if necessary.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to coat. Top with the smoked mozzarella. Put the pan under the broiler until cheese is browned and bubbly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More