- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Servings: 12 scones
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 200 C.
- 2. Grease oven tray.
- 3. Sift flour and salt together.
- 4. Cut butter into small pieces.
- 5. Rub butter into flour with your fingers.
- 6. Pour nearly all the milk into the mixture. Stir until mixture forms a soft dough.
- 7. Turn onto a lightly floured board. Kneed lightly.
- 8. Press dough out at 2 cm thickness.
- 9. Cut into rounds using scone cutters.
- 10. Place onto greased cooking tray.
- 11. Glaze with remaining milk.
- 12. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.