2 cups self raising flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons margarine
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 200 C.
2. Grease oven tray.
3. Sift flour and salt together.
4. Cut butter into small pieces.
5. Rub butter into flour with your fingers.
6. Pour nearly all the milk into the mixture. Stir until mixture forms a soft dough.
7. Turn onto a lightly floured board. Kneed lightly.
8. Press dough out at 2 cm thickness.
9. Cut into rounds using scone cutters.
10. Place onto greased cooking tray.
11. Glaze with remaining milk.
12. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.