- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10
- •2 cups cooked black beans, thoroughly rinsed if using canned
- •2 cups fresh whole corn kernels or thawed from frozen
- •2 cups coleslaw or lettuce of choice
- •16 cherry tomatoes cut in half, or any variety of tomato chopped into bite sized pieces
- •1 large orange bell pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces
- •⅓ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- •1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- •1 cup cheddar cheese or cheese of choice, grated
- •2 green onions/scallions for topping, finely chopped
- •1 Tbsp chili powder
- •2 tsp cumin
- •1 tsp garlic powder
- •1 tsp onion powder
- •½ tsp smoked paprika
- •¼ tsp red chili pepper flakes, optional heat
- •pinch sea salt + black pepper
- 1.In a small dish, combine taco seasoning ingredients together, mixing to integrate. Set aside.
- 2.Wash and chop vegetables as required and grate cheese.
- 3.Warm a medium sized skillet over low heat and add black beans. Sprinkle the black beans with half of the taco seasoning using a wooden spoon to help coat the beans and toss. Add a little bit of water to the bean mixture (start with a quarter cup or so) and then add the remaining taco seasoning coating and tossing. If necessary, add additional water to the mixture – you want the beans to be well coated with the seasoning but not dry and clumpy. The mixture should be mildly liquid. Remove beans from heat.
- 4.If eating at home, you can plate the ingredients as illustrated in the photos adding the seasoned beans to the center. Top the beans with a quarter cup of yogurt and sprinkling of green onion. If preferred, you can also cool the seasoned beans before serving.
- 5.Salsa and guacamole also make delicious accompaniments.
- 6.If bringing this lunch on the road or to the office, simply layer the ingredients into a container and seal well with lid. Bring yogurt, salsa and guacamole in separate small containers as desired.
NotesServe this Quick Taco Salad on a hot day for a perfect summer meal minus the stove. Quick Taco Salad is a hearty meal. It’s filling, satisfying and a great way to get non-salad eaters to eat salad. Quick Taco Salad is a Gestational Diabetes Friendly as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Italy or BustSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More