- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10
- •2 cups cooked black beans, thoroughly rinsed if using canned
- •2 cups fresh whole corn kernels or thawed from frozen
- •2 cups coleslaw or lettuce of choice
- •16 cherry tomatoes cut in half, or any variety of tomato chopped into bite sized pieces
- •1 large orange bell pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces
- •⅓ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- •1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- •1 cup cheddar cheese or cheese of choice, grated
- •2 green onions/scallions for topping, finely chopped
- •1 Tbsp chili powder
- •2 tsp cumin
- •1 tsp garlic powder
- •1 tsp onion powder
- •½ tsp smoked paprika
- •¼ tsp red chili pepper flakes, optional heat
- •pinch sea salt + black pepper
- 1.In a small dish, combine taco seasoning ingredients together, mixing to integrate. Set aside.
- 2.Wash and chop vegetables as required and grate cheese.
- 3.Warm a medium sized skillet over low heat and add black beans. Sprinkle the black beans with half of the taco seasoning using a wooden spoon to help coat the beans and toss. Add a little bit of water to the bean mixture (start with a quarter cup or so) and then add the remaining taco seasoning coating and tossing. If necessary, add additional water to the mixture – you want the beans to be well coated with the seasoning but not dry and clumpy. The mixture should be mildly liquid. Remove beans from heat.
- 4.If eating at home, you can plate the ingredients as illustrated in the photos adding the seasoned beans to the center. Top the beans with a quarter cup of yogurt and sprinkling of green onion. If preferred, you can also cool the seasoned beans before serving.
- 5.Salsa and guacamole also make delicious accompaniments.
- 6.If bringing this lunch on the road or to the office, simply layer the ingredients into a container and seal well with lid. Bring yogurt, salsa and guacamole in separate small containers as desired.
NotesServe this Quick Taco Salad on a hot day for a perfect summer meal minus the stove. Quick Taco Salad is a hearty meal. It’s filling, satisfying and a great way to get non-salad eaters to eat salad. Quick Taco Salad is a Gestational Diabetes Friendly as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Babette's Test Kitchen
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More