QUICK THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (I use a sugar free)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- a pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 cup water
Blend all ingredients and salt to taste until smooth in a blender or food processor, adding
up to 2 tablespoons additional water if needed to thin dressing to desired consistency.
Dressing keeps, covered and chilled, 1 week. Serve with sliced tomatoes, crisp lettuce or
Makes about 1 cup.
Each tablespoon about 12 calories and 0.3 grams fat.