- Cooking Time: depends on your iron
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10-15 mintues
- 1 ½ C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 eggs separted
- 1 C milk
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- Put the egg yolks, milk, cooled butter and vanilla extract into another bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the milk mixture and beat until mixed—don’t overbeat.
- Put the egg whites into a clean bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter with a metal spoon. It’s important not to over mix at this stage, so if there are a few lumps of egg whites floating around, leave them—it doesn’t matter.
- Spoon the batter into the hot waffle iron, spread the mixture out to the edges, and close the lid. (Most irons take about ½ C of batter)
NotesMy roommate in college got me this great pancake/waffle cookbook and that's where this recipe is from. I have made them a lot lately. Don't use pretend vanilla extract, go for gold and use the real stuff, you WILL notice a BIG differance.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More