- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 can black or kidney beans
- Parsley and garlic to taste
- Red Pepper
- 1 package Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- I take a can of black or kidney bean and drain half the liquid to cut back on the preservatives or sodium. (I use canned because it doesn't contain the meat fat that so often flavors beans made from scratch).
- Then I pour the beans and remaining liquid into a blender or food processor (you could use a fork and bowl, too).
- I add in my favorite combination parsley and garlic. I use parsley because my mom hates cilantro, but that's also delicious.
- For those who like heat, I also add red pepper or a sweet hot sauce.
- I often to it with fresh shredded cheddar and monterey jack in a dish.
- Serves with your favorite tortilla chips.
NotesMy family is famous for it's seven layer dip and nachoes because of it's base, my bean dip.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More