- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 can black or kidney beans
- Parsley and garlic to taste
- Red Pepper
- 1 package Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- I take a can of black or kidney bean and drain half the liquid to cut back on the preservatives or sodium. (I use canned because it doesn't contain the meat fat that so often flavors beans made from scratch).
- Then I pour the beans and remaining liquid into a blender or food processor (you could use a fork and bowl, too).
- I add in my favorite combination parsley and garlic. I use parsley because my mom hates cilantro, but that's also delicious.
- For those who like heat, I also add red pepper or a sweet hot sauce.
- I often to it with fresh shredded cheddar and monterey jack in a dish.
- Serves with your favorite tortilla chips.
NotesMy family is famous for it's seven layer dip and nachoes because of it's base, my bean dip.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More