- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryServings: 32 Bunuelos
A quick and easy way of preparing bunuelos; a favorite Mexican and Latin American treat. Bunuelos are traditionally served during the Christmas and New Years holidays but can also be made for Cinco de Mayo. Make these sweet and tasty treats when you are running short on time and need something special for a party or festive occasion.
- Vegetable oil (as needed, for frying)
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortilla's
- Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Mix granualated sugar and cinnamon together well. Set aside.
- Cut flour tortilla in 8 pieces, fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Place fried tortilla's on paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with Sugar-Cinnamon mixture.
- Serve with ice cream or choice of fruit.