- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans kidney beans
- scant 1/2 cup chili powder
- cumin, to taste
- dash of oregano
- 2 t. salt
- Brown beef, onion, and garlic. If necessary, drain grease before proceeding further. Mix in tomatoes, beans (undrained), chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer. Allow to simmer with occasional stirring for at least 2 hours, or up to 5 hours. Long simmering will cause chili to thicken somewhat and darken to a delicious burnt sienna.
- Variation: For Frito Chili Pie, fill each serving bowl 1/3 with Fritos. Ladle on chili, then top with grated cheese.
- This chili is also good on top of hot dogs, topped with grated cheese.
NotesThis is my go-to recipe for a quick winter meal. It's fast, easy and the options are endless.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Babette's Test Kitchen
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More