- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20–25
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 3½ tbsp lemon juice
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, fry the Canadian bacon on each side until evenly browned.
- Fill a large saucepan with about 3-inches water and bring to a simmer.
- Pour in the vinegar.
- Carefully break the 4 eggs into the water, and cook 2–3 minutes, until whites are set but yolks are still soft.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter until bubbly in a small pan or in the microwave.
- Remove from heat before butter browns.
- In a blender or large food processor, blend the egg yolks, heavy cream, cayenne pepper, and salt until smooth.
- Add half of the hot butter in a thin steady stream, slow enough so that it blends in at least as fast as you are pouring it in.
- Blend in the lemon juice using the same method, then the
- remaining butter.
- For each serving, place one split open English muffin onto a serving plate.
- Top each half with 1 slice Canadian bacon and 1 poached egg. Drizzle with the cream sauce, and serve at once.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More