- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20–25
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 3½ tbsp lemon juice
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, fry the Canadian bacon on each side until evenly browned.
- Fill a large saucepan with about 3-inches water and bring to a simmer.
- Pour in the vinegar.
- Carefully break the 4 eggs into the water, and cook 2–3 minutes, until whites are set but yolks are still soft.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter until bubbly in a small pan or in the microwave.
- Remove from heat before butter browns.
- In a blender or large food processor, blend the egg yolks, heavy cream, cayenne pepper, and salt until smooth.
- Add half of the hot butter in a thin steady stream, slow enough so that it blends in at least as fast as you are pouring it in.
- Blend in the lemon juice using the same method, then the
- remaining butter.
- For each serving, place one split open English muffin onto a serving plate.
- Top each half with 1 slice Canadian bacon and 1 poached egg. Drizzle with the cream sauce, and serve at once.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
A Falcon Feast
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More