- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4-8(main course vs side)
- Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- Quick and Easy Garlic Linguine
- 1 pound box linguine-prepared per package instructions
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin gives the most flavor)
- 8 cloves garlic-minced or small diced
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- While your pasta is boiling, put your saute pan on the heat. Medium to medium-low (depending on your stove) should be enough heat without burning the garlic. Place olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in the pan. Allow then to saute, stirring occassionally until the garlic has become soft. In the 5 to 10 minutes it takes for your pasta to boil, your sauce is already done! Strain your pasta and pour into your saute pan. Toss linguine until well coated with oil and serve!
- This is a quick and easy recipe any night of the week. It can be varied easily and limited only by your imagination. To change things up, add: halved grape or sundried tomatoes, fresh basil, parmesan cheese, cooked chicken/sausage/meatballs, or grilled vegetables.
- The longer the oil sits with the garlic in it, the stronger the taste. You can start the oil when you put your water on to boil. Just be careful you don't burn the garlic!
- Garlic powder can be substituted for garlic cloves, but will not taste exactly the same. You may want to put the garlic powder on the drained pasta (the water will help rehydrate it a little) or put it in some water to rehydrate prior to placing it in the oil. However, this is to be put in before the oil gets hot or you will get splattered. If you are not careful, the dry powder will burn! Been there, done that!
- DON'T FORGET, season your pasta while it is cooking. I use sea salt and sometimes throw a few cloves of garlic in the water, too.
NotesSome friends of ours were visiting the States from Italy. They made the most wonderful pasta I have ever tasted. The told us the ingredients, but never the amounts or how they cooked it. In our several attempts to duplicate the dish, we stumbled upon something very close! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More