- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
- Two 12-oz. cans of Italian style whole tomatoes with basil, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil (1 stem)
- Warm oil in three- to five-quart pot over medium heat. Lightly brown garlic in oil (do not
- overcook garlic or it will taste bitter). Add the prepared tomatoes and simmer on medium
- heat for 20 minutes.
- Add basil and cook for five more minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes to
- absorb all the flavors.