- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup of vodka
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 28 oz. of tomato puree OR crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz. of heavy cream
- 1 box of penne pasta (cooked as directed on box)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter.
- Add crushed red peppers and basil.
- Add the vodka (mixture will foam up at first).
- Let the mixture simmer until the alcohol cooks off and the foam goes down.
- Add the can of tomatoes and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and bring the sauce to a boil stirring frequently.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and allow it to melt into the sauce.
- Mix with drained pasta and serve.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste.
NotesThis sauce will be ready in the amount of time it takes you to cook the pasta.