- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup of vodka
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 28 oz. of tomato puree OR crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz. of heavy cream
- 1 box of penne pasta (cooked as directed on box)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter.
- Add crushed red peppers and basil.
- Add the vodka (mixture will foam up at first).
- Let the mixture simmer until the alcohol cooks off and the foam goes down.
- Add the can of tomatoes and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and bring the sauce to a boil stirring frequently.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and allow it to melt into the sauce.
- Mix with drained pasta and serve.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste.
NotesThis sauce will be ready in the amount of time it takes you to cook the pasta.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More