- Cooking Time: 50-60 min or 25-30 min
- Servings: 1 loaf or 12 muffins
- Preparation Time: 10 min
BackstoryI can't remember exactly where I got this recipe from, but it's been one of my families favorite. It comes out so moist everytime.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs, Beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl combined pumpkin, oil, eggs, water, and spices.
- Combine with dry ingredients but, do not mix too thoroughly.
- Stir in walnuts, if using.
- Pour into a well-greased standard loaf pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the very center of the loaf comes out clean. Turn out of the pan and let cool on a rack.
- Makes one loaf. Recipe can easily be doubled.
- Can be baked as muffins, just reduce baking time to 20-25 minutes.