- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Turkey slices (approx. 1/2 lb.)
- Bread (8 slices)
- Soft butter or margarine (approx. 1/4 cup)
- McCormick's Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning (approx. 1 Tablespoon)
- Ground red pepper (optional, approx. 1/4 teaspoon))
- 4 cheese singles or 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Garlic salt for bread (optional, approx. 1/4 teaspoon; see Tip at end of recipe)
- Kitchen Tools:
- Plasic spatula
- Butter one side of each bread slice Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and sprinkle with seasoning(s). Heat, stirring constantly, until warmed. (1-2 minutes). Turn off heat.
- Warm up a griddle over medium-high heat and place 4 slices of buttered bread (butter side down) on heated surface.
- Divide turkey evenly over the four slices. Top with cheese if desired. Top with remaining four slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill, turning once. When both sides are lightly browned, you have produced four very tasty sandwiches!
- Tip: For even more flavor, sprinkle the buttered side of the bread with a little garlic salt before grilling
NotesI came up with this easy and great-tasting grilled sandwich a few years ago to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Hot 'n hearty, it's popular even with non-turkey lovers!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More