- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Turkey slices (approx. 1/2 lb.)
- Bread (8 slices)
- Soft butter or margarine (approx. 1/4 cup)
- McCormick's Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning (approx. 1 Tablespoon)
- Ground red pepper (optional, approx. 1/4 teaspoon))
- 4 cheese singles or 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Garlic salt for bread (optional, approx. 1/4 teaspoon; see Tip at end of recipe)
- Kitchen Tools:
- Plasic spatula
- Butter one side of each bread slice Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and sprinkle with seasoning(s). Heat, stirring constantly, until warmed. (1-2 minutes). Turn off heat.
- Warm up a griddle over medium-high heat and place 4 slices of buttered bread (butter side down) on heated surface.
- Divide turkey evenly over the four slices. Top with cheese if desired. Top with remaining four slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill, turning once. When both sides are lightly browned, you have produced four very tasty sandwiches!
- Tip: For even more flavor, sprinkle the buttered side of the bread with a little garlic salt before grilling
NotesI came up with this easy and great-tasting grilled sandwich a few years ago to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Hot 'n hearty, it's popular even with non-turkey lovers!
My Family Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More