- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Turkey slices (approx. 1/2 lb.)
- Bread (8 slices)
- Soft butter or margarine (approx. 1/4 cup)
- McCormick's Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning (approx. 1 Tablespoon)
- Ground red pepper (optional, approx. 1/4 teaspoon))
- 4 cheese singles or 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Garlic salt for bread (optional, approx. 1/4 teaspoon; see Tip at end of recipe)
- Kitchen Tools:
- Plasic spatula
- Butter one side of each bread slice Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and sprinkle with seasoning(s). Heat, stirring constantly, until warmed. (1-2 minutes). Turn off heat.
- Warm up a griddle over medium-high heat and place 4 slices of buttered bread (butter side down) on heated surface.
- Divide turkey evenly over the four slices. Top with cheese if desired. Top with remaining four slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill, turning once. When both sides are lightly browned, you have produced four very tasty sandwiches!
- Tip: For even more flavor, sprinkle the buttered side of the bread with a little garlic salt before grilling
NotesI came up with this easy and great-tasting grilled sandwich a few years ago to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Hot 'n hearty, it's popular even with non-turkey lovers!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More