- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 - 2 lb ground or chopped venison
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz.) tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (16 oz.) drained and rinsed beans (kidney or pinto)
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 package chili seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Brown venison and onion.
- 2 Add tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, water and seasonings.
- 3 Simmer for 45 minutes or longer for flavors to blend.
- 4 Serve hot, topped with grated cheese and chives.
NotesTip: Substitute taco seasoning for chili seasoning and go Mexican with taco or burritos. Using the pre-packaged seasoning mixes is easy; however, you can experiment with your own seasonings (chili powder, garlic, red pepper and/or cumin) instead of using a mix. That makes it easy to add only the flavors that you like and to adjust the "heat" accordingly.
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More