- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 - 2 lb ground or chopped venison
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz.) tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (16 oz.) drained and rinsed beans (kidney or pinto)
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 package chili seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Brown venison and onion.
- 2 Add tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, water and seasonings.
- 3 Simmer for 45 minutes or longer for flavors to blend.
- 4 Serve hot, topped with grated cheese and chives.
NotesTip: Substitute taco seasoning for chili seasoning and go Mexican with taco or burritos. Using the pre-packaged seasoning mixes is easy; however, you can experiment with your own seasonings (chili powder, garlic, red pepper and/or cumin) instead of using a mix. That makes it easy to add only the flavors that you like and to adjust the "heat" accordingly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More