QUICK AND SIMPLE CHILI
Quick and Simple Chili
- Cooking Time: 60
- 1 - 2 lb ground or chopped venison
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz.) tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (16 oz.) drained and rinsed beans (kidney or pinto)
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 package chili seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
1 Brown venison and onion.
2 Add tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, water and seasonings.
3 Simmer for 45 minutes or longer for flavors to blend.
4 Serve hot, topped with grated cheese and chives.
Tip: Substitute taco seasoning for chili seasoning and go Mexican with taco or burritos. Using the pre-packaged seasoning mixes is easy; however, you can experiment with your own seasonings (chili powder, garlic, red pepper and/or cumin) instead of using a mix. That makes it easy to add only the flavors that you like and to adjust the "heat" accordingly.
No Reviews at this time.