Quick curried scallops
1 apple, sliced into small pieces
1 tbsp butter (reduced fat is even better!)
1 tbsp honey
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream (I use light creme fraiche when I have it)
2 tbsp curry powder
14 oz scallops (I'm based in France, so this is the standard weight for a bag of frozen scallops - you may need to adjust this a bit if you live elsewhere)
salt and pepper, to taste
1) Saute the apple and onion slices with the butter at low-medium heat in a pan.
2) Cover and reduce the heat until the pieces of apple are cooked and the onion slices are soft. You may want to add a bit of water so they don't stick to the pan.
3) Add honey, curry powder and sour cream and stir.
This should be done at a low heat.
You can also add salt and pepper at this point if you wish.
4) Add scallops and stir for 3-4 minutes, until they are fully cooked.
* When using frozen scallops, I prefer to defrost them in a separate pan, and add them to the main pan when they are fully defrosted.
Serve with rice and enjoy.
Pairs Well With
I've always assumed that cooking seafood was "not my thing". However, after tasting a scallop dish my sister-in-law had made, I decided to experiment a little. This recipe combines scallops, apples, honey and curry powder for a great dish that is easy to make and will impress your friends!