- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- * 3 cups beef broth (I use the reduce sodium version)
- * 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, roasted garlic flavor with onion and oregano (I use the Del Monte No Salt version)
- * 1 (4 oz) can mushroom pieces (I used fresh mushrooms since salt is a preservative)
- * 1 cup rice
- * Pepper
- *Light soy sauce (low-sodium!)
- Cook the turkey with a little broth in a skillet over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Remove the turkey. Bring remaining broth, tomatoes and mushrooms with juice to boil. Add rice. Stir well. Reduce heat to a low boil, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crumble cooked turkey into pieces. Stir into rice mixture.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Cover. Let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- If desired, top with ground pepper and light soy sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More