- Cooking Time: 35-40
- Servings: 8 skinny slices
- Preparation Time: 15-20
- 3 cups pitted red plums
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to about 375.
- (I plunked my plums in a pot of hot water for just a minute or so to loosen their skins, they puckered up and came right off. Then of course, core and chop up the plums into bite size bits.)
- Prepare your favourite pie crust, and line the bottom of your pie pan with it.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into your pie crust. Lay a few pats of butter around the top of the filling and put your top crust on.
- I always do an egg wash over the top crust for some shine and a nicer golden brown (just mix an egg with a bit of water and brush over the top).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, checking it often towards the end.
- I suggest vanilla ice cream on the side!
NotesThis was the fourth pie I made for my 2009 Pie Challenge. I went to the market looking for pie ingredients, but not having yet decided what kind of pie I wanted to make. The red plums were beautiful and so I decided to pick some up and wing it.
I cut 'shhh' out of the top crust and playfully called it a 'quiet pie' because I had a really loud gathering the weekend before and wanted to calm down the house a bit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More