QUINOA BLACK BEAN SALAD
Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- 1Cup Quinoa washed & drained.
- 2 Cups water
- 1/4cup Olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp McCormick Cumin :)
- 1/2 tsp Mccormick red pepper flakes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 11/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 5 green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup freash cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
Wash and rinse Quinoa.
In a sauce pan bring Quinoa and Water to boil- reduce and simer, covered and cook until all water is absorbed, 10 minutes. let cool.
In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice,cumin, red pepper flakes.
Combine cooled Quinoa, beans, tomatoes & onions in alarge bowl.
Drizzle dressing over salad and toss in cilantro.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Quinoa is a Ancient grain pronounced Keen-wah !
Quinoa is known to help with Migraine headaches, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.