- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 cups dried,cleaned quinoa
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-5 crowns of broccoli, or frozen equivalent
- ~1/4 cup water
- 8-16 oz. 2% sharp cheddar cheese (you could easily use a different cheese for your taste/lifestyle)
- 1. Heat oven to 350F or so. Heat water to simmer, add quinoa, cover and cook on low until water is absorbed (it cooks like couscous -- don't worry, it will look funny when it is cooked ;D)
- 2. Heat oil (I used grapeseed, but olive oil works well too) and cook onions until soft and golden.
- 3. Add broccoli
- to onion mixture, add water and cover with lid to steam broccoli.
- 4. Mix in your cooked quinoa and half of the cheese to the broccoli mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Spread mixture into an oiled casserole pan (9"x13") and add remaining cheese on top.
- 6. Cook in oven until cheese is brown on top.
NotesThis could be made vegan by substituting soy cheese, but sometimes those don't melt as well.
These amounts are estimated from what I threw together, so you will probably need to play with the mixture to suite your tastes :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More