- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low-fat milk or soymilk
- 1 banana, diced
- 2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- Combine ingredients in a small pot, bring to a gentle boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and grains are creamy.
- If you want an even creamier texture, stir in more milk a little at a time, with pot uncovered and over low heat.
- To serve, top with more diced banana, dried fruit of any kind, chopped nuts or toasted coconut, drizzles of honey and milk.
NotesThis is reminiscent of oatmeal…but with more of a crunch. A nice change of pace from regular old breakfasts, and with quinoa’s high protein & fiber content, you’ll feel satisfied until lunch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More