- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low-fat milk or soymilk
- 1 banana, diced
- 2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- Combine ingredients in a small pot, bring to a gentle boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and grains are creamy.
- If you want an even creamier texture, stir in more milk a little at a time, with pot uncovered and over low heat.
- To serve, top with more diced banana, dried fruit of any kind, chopped nuts or toasted coconut, drizzles of honey and milk.
NotesThis is reminiscent of oatmeal…but with more of a crunch. A nice change of pace from regular old breakfasts, and with quinoa’s high protein & fiber content, you’ll feel satisfied until lunch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More