- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 3 drops hot-pepper sauce
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In two-quart saucepan, brown pistachios in oil and remove.
- In same saucepan, add scallions, apricots, ginger, and garlic; cook 2 minutes.
- Add stock and pepper sauce; bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa and cilantro. Cover on low heat for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Then add pistachios!!
NotesSince Quinoa is so high in protein, I'm always on the search for yet another tasty way to prepare it. This is nutty and delicious!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Camp Nubar Baking Class
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More