- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups quinoa*
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cups cooked corn kernels
- 1½ cups red and green peppers, mixed, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced small
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse well and cook quinoa in 6 cups of water.
- Cook black beans.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and test for seasoning.
- Serve as a side dish for an entrée, a base for a salad with protein, or on a salad bar.
Notes*QUINOA [KEEN-wah] - Tiny and bead-shaped, the ivory-colored quinoa cooks like rice (taking half the time of regular rice) and expands to four times its original volume. Its flavor is delicate, almost bland, and has been compared to that of couscous.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More