- Cooking Time: 20 (just Quinoa)
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 cups quinoa*
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cups cooked corn kernels
- 1½ cups red and green peppers, mixed, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced small
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse well and cook quinoa in 6 cups of water.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and test for seasoning.
- Serve as a side dish for an entrée, a base for a salad with protein, or on a salad bar.
Notes*QUINOA [KEEN-wah] - Tiny and bead-shaped, the ivory-colored quinoa cooks like rice (taking half the time of regular rice) and expands to four times its original volume. Its flavor is delicate, almost bland, and has been compared to that of couscous.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More