- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 small to medium shallots, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 16 oz. can diced tomatoes with chipotle peppers
- 1 Rapunzel vegetable bouillon cube
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tofurky sun-dried tomato sausages
- Saute the onion and green pepper in a small amount of oil in a large pot until tender. Rinse the dry quinoa in a mesh strainer, a little bit at a time, and then add it and the tomatoes, water, and bouillon to the pot. Increase the heat and add your spices and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice your sausage into rounds (or into half moon shapes) and fry in a bit of oil until brown on each side.
- When the quinoa is cooked and the chili has thickened, add the sausage pieces and stir.
NotesI love quinoa. It's low in calories and high in protein, is easy to make, and is also extremely versatile. I used to make a soup back in high school using quinoa, vegetable broth, tomatoes, and Tofurky sausage. I loved it. I've since lost the recipe. This is my attempt to recreate it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
My Family CookbookSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More