- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Can Chicken Broth, 99% Fat Free
- 4 Oz. Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Medium Sweet Red Pepper, Chopped
- 2 Cups Broccoli, Chopped
- Prepare Quinoa with chicken broth rather than water. Simmer on low heat until all liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms, onions and red pepper in a pan with a small amount of olive oil. Microwave the broccoli in a zip-lock type bag, vented with a few small puncture holes, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After the Quinoa is finised, add the sautéd vegetables and "steamed" broccloi to the pan and mix with serving spoon. Serve as a side dish.
- Quinoa "Fried Rice"
- 1 cup leftover Quinoa with vegetables
- 1 tsp hot sesame oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lg egg, beaten
- optional: 2 slices bacon, cooked, grease discarded.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the hot sesame oil, add the egg and stir until nearly cooked (firm but very moist) and add the left over Quinoa - and bacon if using. Stir and heat thoroughly and serve.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More