- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Can Chicken Broth, 99% Fat Free
- 4 Oz. Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Medium Sweet Red Pepper, Chopped
- 2 Cups Broccoli, Chopped
- Prepare Quinoa with chicken broth rather than water. Simmer on low heat until all liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms, onions and red pepper in a pan with a small amount of olive oil. Microwave the broccoli in a zip-lock type bag, vented with a few small puncture holes, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After the Quinoa is finised, add the sautéd vegetables and "steamed" broccloi to the pan and mix with serving spoon. Serve as a side dish.
- Quinoa "Fried Rice"
- 1 cup leftover Quinoa with vegetables
- 1 tsp hot sesame oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lg egg, beaten
- optional: 2 slices bacon, cooked, grease discarded.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the hot sesame oil, add the egg and stir until nearly cooked (firm but very moist) and add the left over Quinoa - and bacon if using. Stir and heat thoroughly and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Rocky Road Ice CreamSee More