- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Can Chicken Broth, 99% Fat Free
- 4 Oz. Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Medium Sweet Red Pepper, Chopped
- 2 Cups Broccoli, Chopped
- Prepare Quinoa with chicken broth rather than water. Simmer on low heat until all liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms, onions and red pepper in a pan with a small amount of olive oil. Microwave the broccoli in a zip-lock type bag, vented with a few small puncture holes, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After the Quinoa is finised, add the sautéd vegetables and "steamed" broccloi to the pan and mix with serving spoon. Serve as a side dish.
- Quinoa "Fried Rice"
- 1 cup leftover Quinoa with vegetables
- 1 tsp hot sesame oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lg egg, beaten
- optional: 2 slices bacon, cooked, grease discarded.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the hot sesame oil, add the egg and stir until nearly cooked (firm but very moist) and add the left over Quinoa - and bacon if using. Stir and heat thoroughly and serve.
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Nanci's World Famous Cannoli
Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
Cinnamon Red Hot PicklesSee More