QUINOA AND BLACK BEANS
Quinoa and Black Beans
- Servings: 3-4
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Jalepino, seeded & chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons broth (or water)
- 1/2 cup quinoa (cook according to package directions)
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add peppers and onion and cook until almost tender. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add beans and broth (or water) to the pan. Cook until heated through. Stir in quinoa.
Per serving: 162 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrate; 6 g protein; 4 g fiber; 60 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Stir in your favorite jarred salsa for extra zing. This is also good the next day for lunch.