- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup crimini mushrooms, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves removed from their stems
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock, or water
- Place a medium sized saucepan on high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and tilt the pan around to make sure the entire surface is covered with oil. Add the shallot and cook until translucent. Add the crimini mushrooms and cook until brown. Add the quinoa, thyme leaves, bay leaf, kosher salt, and black pepper and stir.
- Slowly and carefully add the vegetable stock (it will spatter because the pan is hot). When it comes to full boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover steam for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the heat, remove lid and fluff the quinoa and then replace the lid and allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Naked Macaron
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More