- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Squash (butternet, acorn or pumpkin)
- 2 garlics
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- chopped cilantro and mint
- Quinoa pasta
- Very simple and flavorful. The spices and fresh herbs are the stars of this dish.
- Cook the quinoa pasta as you would with regular pasta until al dente about 5-7 minutes.
- For the squash, you can use butternut squash, acorn squash or even pumpkin if they are in season. I used banana squash which is sweeter and carmelize well under the broiler. However, to expedite the cooking time, I cook the squash in the microwave for about 6 minutes. Then coat the softened squash with olive oil and sprinkle with some kosher salt. Broil for about 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on it so that it doesn't burn.
- Heat some oil in the saucepan, add in 2 crushed garlic, 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed and 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed and some red pepper flakes for a little heat, cook for about 30 seconds or until fragant. These will infuse the oil.
- Now toss the spice mixture and squash with the pasta then stir in about 3/4 cup plain yogurt, chopped cilantro and mint. You can use any fresh herbs that you have on hand.
- Sprinkle some grated parmesan and a little paprika.
NotesVery simple and flavorful. The spices and fresh herbs are the stars of this dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More