- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryVery simple and flavorful. The spices and fresh herbs are the stars of this dish.
- Squash (butternet, acorn or pumpkin)
- 2 garlics
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- chopped cilantro and mint
- Quinoa pasta
- Very simple and flavorful. The spices and fresh herbs are the stars of this dish.
- Cook the quinoa pasta as you would with regular pasta until al dente about 5-7 minutes.
- For the squash, you can use butternut squash, acorn squash or even pumpkin if they are in season. I used banana squash which is sweeter and carmelize well under the broiler. However, to expedite the cooking time, I cook the squash in the microwave for about 6 minutes. Then coat the softened squash with olive oil and sprinkle with some kosher salt. Broil for about 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on it so that it doesn't burn.
- Heat some oil in the saucepan, add in 2 crushed garlic, 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed and 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed and some red pepper flakes for a little heat, cook for about 30 seconds or until fragant. These will infuse the oil.
- Now toss the spice mixture and squash with the pasta then stir in about 3/4 cup plain yogurt, chopped cilantro and mint. You can use any fresh herbs that you have on hand.
- Sprinkle some grated parmesan and a little paprika.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More