- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound vacuum-packed extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook 1 minute more. Add stock, lemon juice, quinoa, lemon zest, pepper and tofu. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Arrange asparagus on top of quinoa mixture, cover and continue cooking for 5 more minutes. Stir gently to combine, then garnish with cashews and serve.
NotesIn this smart recipe, the asparagus steams on top of the cooking quinoa. Less pots to clean? We're all for that!
Per serving (about 12oz/345g-wt.): 370 calories (140 from fat), 15g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 46g total carbohydrate (7g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 18g protein
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More