Quinoa with chickpeas
- grape seed oil (or olive oil) (about 1 tablespoon or less)
- about 1/4 cup vermicelli
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups of water or vegetable or chicken stock
- if using just water add about 1.5 tablespoons of chicken bouillon
- black pepper
- approximately 1/2 cup (or MORE) of cooked chickpeas
- about 2 medium sized chopped Roma tomatoes
- about 1/2 an onion chopped
- minced garlic to your liking
- a chiffonade of fresh mint leaves (about 5-7 leaves)
- lemon juice to your liking
Pairs Well With
I came across this super grain while reading an article about high protein grains. Quinoa is an excellent source of protein and fiber, as well as iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, and vitamin E. It has a nutty taste and the texture is both crunchy and soft...
This is a great replacement for rice... can be used as a side dish, main dish, in salads, and soups...
Cook same way as rice, 1 part grain and 2 parts water or stock...
you can order online @ www.markethallfoods.com or go to a health or gourmet food store such as whole foods, Henry's, and Trader Joes...