- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup leftover Quinoa With Vegetables
- (see below)
- 1 tsp hot sesame oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lg egg, beaten
- optional: 2 slices bacon, cooked, grease discarded.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the hot sesame oil, add the egg and stir until nearly cooked (firm but very moist) and add the left over Quinoa - and bacon if using. Stir and heat thoroughly and serve.
- Quinoa With Vegetables
- (from my BakeSpace Recipe for same)
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Can Chicken Broth, 99% Fat Free
- 4 Oz. Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Medium Sweet Red Pepper, Chopped
- 2 Cups Broccoli, Chopped
- Prepare Quinoa with chicken broth rather than water. Simmer on low heat until all liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms, onions and red pepper in a pan with a small amount of olive oil. Microwave the broccoli in a zip-lock type bag, vented with a few small puncture holes, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After the Quinoa is finised, add the sautéd vegetables and "steamed" broccloi to the pan and mix with serving spoon. Serve as a side dish.
- Leftover, it makes a great dish like a "Fried Rice".
- see above.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
The NourishFull Kitchen
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More