- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFor the three months prior to my husband and I moving cross country, we were on a mission to clean out the pantry, which resulted in some *interesting* experiments. Here's one that didn't come out too badly! Makes a lot, great for leftovers.
- 4 oz dried pasta (whatever shape you want)
- 6 oz Italian-style hot turkey sausage (3 links)
- 2 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced italian tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5oz) artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas
- 1 1/3 tbsp dried onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp pitted & diced kalamata olives
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp anise seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente; drain & rinse, set aside. Crumble sausage into large pot and saute on medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Add stock to loosen any brown bits stuck to pan. Add tomatoes with juice, chickpeas, onion, olives, parsley, oregano, and anise seeds; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and cooked pasta, heat until warm, about 5 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste.