- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 lemon, juice and rind
- Wash raisins.
- Cover with boiling water; cook below boiling until plump.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch; add to raisins; stir and cook until thick.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Bake between two prepared crusts at 400º until crust is golden between 45 and 60 minutes depending on your oven.
NotesSometimes very old recipes are the best. This recipe comes from a cook book printed in the 50s and I still prefer this to recent recipes.