- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySometimes very old recipes are the best. This recipe comes from a cook book printed in the 50s and I still prefer this to recent recipes.
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 lemon, juice and rind
- Wash raisins.
- Cover with boiling water; cook below boiling until plump.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch; add to raisins; stir and cook until thick.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Bake between two prepared crusts at 400º until crust is golden between 45 and 60 minutes depending on your oven.