- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup raspberry puree
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- nutmeg, for topping
- In a bowl, whisk milk, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon into the beaten eggs until well blended. Set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together raspberry puree and cream cheese until smooth. Make 'sandwiches' by cutting each slice of bread in half and spreading raspberry-cheese mixture in the center, then top with the other half.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet or griddle. Dip bread into egg mixture, coating thoroughly. Cook until well-browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Serve immediately.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Mom's Spanish Rice
Simply Delicious Mac-n-Cheese Casserole
Holiday BellsSee More