- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 cups granulated sugar (I plan on using Splenda)
- 3 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, stir together 3 cups of water, rhubarb, sugar and lemon rind, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved and rhubarb breaks up, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Strain through a fine sieve, pressing out liquid. Let cool.
- To serve, add 3 parts water to 1 part syrup, serve over ice.
- Makes about 20 servings.
- Syrup is fine in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks.
NotesThis is a nice twist on lemonade.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cooking for a Cure
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More