- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 cups granulated sugar (I plan on using Splenda)
- 3 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, stir together 3 cups of water, rhubarb, sugar and lemon rind, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved and rhubarb breaks up, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Strain through a fine sieve, pressing out liquid. Let cool.
- To serve, add 3 parts water to 1 part syrup, serve over ice.
- Makes about 20 servings.
- Syrup is fine in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks.
NotesThis is a nice twist on lemonade.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More