- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups of rhubarb, cut in small pieces
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries--or use a container of frozen cut up strawberries 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 cups vodka, or rum
- 8 cups of water
- 1 small pkg of strawberry jello
- Cook strawberries, rhubarb , lemon juice, water, and sugar in a large pot for about 10 minutes, or until rhubarb is tender.
- Add jello and stir well and let cool. You can pour through a sieve to remove the pulp, or blend with a hand blender and keep the pulp . It adds flavor and fiber.
- When cool, add the vodka and mix well.
- Pour mix into an ice cream pail and freeze.
- Stir after 8 hours to keep the vodka mixed.
- To serve fill glass half full of frozen mix and add 7-Up .
- This does make a lot.
- You could make half the recipe, but it tastes really good on a hot day, and you may wish that you made the full recipe!
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Summer 2014
This does make a lot. You could make half the recipe, but it tastes really good on a hot day, and you may wish that you made the full recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More