- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups of rhubarb, cut in small pieces
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries--or use a container of frozen cut up strawberries 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 cups vodka, or rum
- 8 cups of water
- 1 small pkg of strawberry jello
- Cook strawberries, rhubarb , lemon juice, water, and sugar in a large pot for about 10 minutes, or until rhubarb is tender.
- Add jello and stir well and let cool. You can pour through a sieve to remove the pulp, or blend with a hand blender and keep the pulp . It adds flavor and fiber.
- When cool, add the vodka and mix well.
- Pour mix into an ice cream pail and freeze.
- Stir after 8 hours to keep the vodka mixed.
- To serve fill glass half full of frozen mix and add 7-Up .
- This does make a lot.
- You could make half the recipe, but it tastes really good on a hot day, and you may wish that you made the full recipe!
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Summer 2014
This does make a lot. You could make half the recipe, but it tastes really good on a hot day, and you may wish that you made the full recipe!
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More