- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups cream or milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup short-grain rice, such as arborio, or basmati
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 to 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour or breadcrumbs
- Canola oil (for frying)
- 1 recipe Benne-Seed Caramel Sauce
- In a large saucepan over medium heat on stovetop, heat cream and sugar to boiling.
- Add rice, cover with lid, and cook for 30 to 60 minutes until rice is soft and creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and butter.
- When pudding is cold, use a small ice-cream scoop to form balls of rice pudding.
- Dip rice bails in beaten egg and roll in flour or breadcrumbs.
- Fry rice balls in hot canola oil (about 350º) until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, place two or three rice fritters on a dessert plate and top with Benne-Seed Caramel Sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More