RICE PUDDING FRITTERS
- 4 cups cream or milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup short-grain rice, such as arborio, or basmati
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 to 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour or breadcrumbs
- Canola oil (for frying)
- 1 recipe Benne-Seed Caramel Sauce
In a large saucepan over medium heat on stovetop, heat cream and sugar to boiling.
Add rice, cover with lid, and cook for 30 to 60 minutes until rice is soft and creamy.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and butter.
When pudding is cold, use a small ice-cream scoop to form balls of rice pudding.
Dip rice bails in beaten egg and roll in flour or breadcrumbs.
Fry rice balls in hot canola oil (about 350º) until golden.
Drain on paper towels.
To serve, place two or three rice fritters on a dessert plate and top with Benne-Seed Caramel Sauce.