- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- - 320 g of rice Vialone nano
- - 2 heads of trevisano chicory late variety
- - 1 little Golden Delicious apple
- - 1/2 red onion
- - Vegetable broth
- -1 dl of dry white wine
- - butter
- - Salt and pepper
- 1) Clean the Trevisano chicory, wash and lift up the leaves. Cut the leaves into strips, keeping separate the upper, more red, with the lower ribs with more thick. Peel the onion and chop it finely.
- 2) Melt 30 g butter in a pan and add the chopped onion, the lower part of chicory, cut into strips and a pinch of salt. Saute over low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- 3) Add the rice into the pot, and toast briefly (although, as the mythical Oldani says, this operation with super fine rice today is almost superfluous). When the rice is colorful, pour in the warm white wine and let it evaporate. Add the rest of chicory taking apart a leaf that you will use to decorate, and the apple peeled diced. Stir.
- 3) Pour 2 ladles of hot broth and stir. Cook for 16-18 minutes, adding 1 ladle of hot stock, when the previous one has evaporated, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. If you want, stir with 1 teaspoon extra butter. Decorate with the last leaf of shredded chicory. For me it is perfect the way, if you like you can add 1 slice on each plate of bacon roasted in a pan without condiments.
- If you prefer the quick method "pressure cooker", proceed in the usual way: in step 3, add 550g of broth (if you want a thicker rice) or 650g (if you want more "all'onda"), close the lid, turn up the heat. When the lid will emit a high-pitched whine, lower the heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Make vent the pot, open and serve.
NotesThis is the season of excellence of my territory, the Trevisano chicory. How to offer a product like this (as the late variety is slightly sweeter) to people who do not like too much of its bitter taste, perfect for risotto (but also for omelets or pasta sauces)? Using a red onion (sweeter than the others) and adding a sweet apple diced, which melts, gives natural sweetness without altering neither cover other tastes .. And the trick (even for children) is served!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More