- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 acorn squash, cut into 1/2-inch rings, seeded
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, cleaned and gills removed
- 1 head radicchio Trevisano, chiffonade
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 Granny Smith apple, julienned and tossed with 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons toasted green pumpkin seeds
- 3 to 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Pumpkin seed oil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss the squash rings with olive oil and salt and bake on a sheet tray in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the squash is soft and starting to caramelize. Repeat this process with the mushrooms. *Hint - these can be done at the same time! Reserve until ready to use.
- Toss together the radicchio, arugula, apple and pumpkin seeds in a medium bowl. Dress with vinegar, olive oil and salt. The salad should be dressed and well seasoned but not soggy.
- To serve: Return the squash and mushrooms to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, just to warm them up. Place a squash ring on a serving plate. Place a handful of the salad inside the ring. Cut the mushrooms into 4 slices and arrange them, fanned, on the side of the salad. Drizzle with pumpkin seed oil.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Fall 2014
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Vegan Eats!See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More