ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH GARLIC & PINE NUTS
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER with Garlic & Pine Nuts
- 1 head garlic, separate into cloves but do not peel
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets (not too small)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- After baking:
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, optional
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Bring a water to boil in small pan. Using a strainer, add unpeeled garlic cloves. Boil for 15 seconds. Drain and peel.
On rimmed cookie sheet, toss cauliflower with garlic cloves, olive oil, and black pepper. Bake until tender for 20 to 25 minutes. Spoon into bowl.
Mix together: olive oil, parsley, kosher salt, black pepper, toasted pine nuts, and lemon juice. Toss with roasted cauliflower/garlic mixture.
PLEASE NOTE: I changed the lemon juice from 2 Tablespoons to 2 teaspoons, and made it optional. The original amount was too tart.