- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 head garlic, separate into cloves but do not peel
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets (not too small)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- After baking:
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring a water to boil in small pan. Using a strainer, add unpeeled garlic cloves. Boil for 15 seconds. Drain and peel.
- On rimmed cookie sheet, toss cauliflower with garlic cloves, olive oil, and black pepper. Bake until tender for 20 to 25 minutes. Spoon into bowl.
- Mix together: olive oil, parsley, kosher salt, black pepper, toasted pine nuts, and lemon juice. Toss with roasted cauliflower/garlic mixture.
- PLEASE NOTE: I changed the lemon juice from 2 Tablespoons to 2 teaspoons, and made it optional. The original amount was too tart.
NotesMy sister-in-law and mother-in-law made this cauliflower recipe. I found a big sale on pine nuts and picked up a bag for this recipe. Everyone did agree that toasted, sliced almonds may be a good alternative to the more expensive pine nuts.