- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups Almonds (with skins)
- 1/4 Cup Liquid Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar in the Raw (I used Splenda)
- Put almonds on a jelly roll pan and place in a cold oven.
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- Toast almonds for 20 minutes stirring a couple of times.
- Meanwhile put the honey and butter in a pot and on medium low heat bring it to a simmer. Simmer for two minutes.
- Put roasted almonds in the honey mix and simmer for two more minutes.
- Pan is now cooled enough to spray it with a non stick coating or grease it.
- Lift simmered almonds from honey mix with a slotted spoon, drain and place on prepared pan. Sprinkle the sugar (or substitute) on almonds and stir to coat.
NotesI love these and I find they are equally as good using Splenda rather than the sugar in the raw. I don't make this often because once I start eating I don't want to quit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More