- Cooking Time: 1 hour - 45 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 hours
- ½ cup of red wine - Chianti
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 sprig of thyme
- ¼ cup of minced celery
- ¼ cup of minced jicama
- ¼ cup of minced shallot
- 3 slices of thick bacon, diced
- 2 lb - 2.25 lb Boneless Pork leg, butterflied
- First, whisk up the red wine, olive oil, sea, pepper and thyme and marinade the pork shoulder for 4 - 6 hours before you roast it.
- When the pork is ready, combine the celery, jicama, shallots and bacon in a bowl and blend. Take the mixture and put down the center of the pork leg and shape it into a roll.
- Tie the roast closed with a piece of twine and set into a skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven at 325 degrees. Also, set a small pan of water in the oven at the same time.
- Let cook for 1 hr-45 minutes or until a the inner temperature reads 165 and let rest for 15 minutes
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Fall 2014
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More