- Cooking Time: 1 hour - 45 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 hours
- ½ cup of red wine - Chianti
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 sprig of thyme
- ¼ cup of minced celery
- ¼ cup of minced jicama
- ¼ cup of minced shallot
- 3 slices of thick bacon, diced
- 2 lb - 2.25 lb Boneless Pork leg, butterflied
- First, whisk up the red wine, olive oil, sea, pepper and thyme and marinade the pork shoulder for 4 - 6 hours before you roast it.
- When the pork is ready, combine the celery, jicama, shallots and bacon in a bowl and blend. Take the mixture and put down the center of the pork leg and shape it into a roll.
- Tie the roast closed with a piece of twine and set into a skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven at 325 degrees. Also, set a small pan of water in the oven at the same time.
- Let cook for 1 hr-45 minutes or until a the inner temperature reads 165 and let rest for 15 minutes
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Fall 2014
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
The Social Cookbook
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More