- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Yield: 1 Batch
- 1 tsp. Dry yeast
- 1/2 cup Water, warm
- 2 cups Sugar, granulated
- 1 qt. Water, hot (4 cups)
- 4 tsp. Root beer extract
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Dissolve sugar in 1 quart hot water.
- Mix together dissolved yeast, sugar and root beer extract in gallon jar.
- Fill jar with warm water and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover jar.
- Set in warm sun for four hours.
- The root beer will be ready to drink the next day.
- Chill before serving.
NotesMy Mom used to make root beer in a huge crock. I had a job of sucking on a tube to syphon the root beer and fill bottles. I used to love it and drank lots of it. I haven't made this yet but have bought the extract to try it when I get a big enough jar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Italy or BustSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More