- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Yield: 1 Batch
- 1 tsp. Dry yeast
- 1/2 cup Water, warm
- 2 cups Sugar, granulated
- 1 qt. Water, hot (4 cups)
- 4 tsp. Root beer extract
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Dissolve sugar in 1 quart hot water.
- Mix together dissolved yeast, sugar and root beer extract in gallon jar.
- Fill jar with warm water and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover jar.
- Set in warm sun for four hours.
- The root beer will be ready to drink the next day.
- Chill before serving.
NotesMy Mom used to make root beer in a huge crock. I had a job of sucking on a tube to syphon the root beer and fill bottles. I used to love it and drank lots of it. I haven't made this yet but have bought the extract to try it when I get a big enough jar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Summertime SippersSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More