- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 heaping tsps honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 large eggs
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- To make syrup, place sugar in a small heavy saucepan with 4 cups water (or to cover) and bring to a boil. Add lemon juice and cook for 20 minutes, uncovered. Add honey and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, eggs and a pinch of salt, and mix, kneading well with your hands. Divide dough in half and cover with a towel. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll out dough as thinly as possible (less than 1/8" thick). Using a sharp knife, cut dough into long strips about 1" by 12".
- Pour about 4" of oil into a heavy pot and heat to 375 degrees F. Carefully and loosely wrap each strip of dough around 3 fingers until dough is used up. Then take 2 forks and insert them in the center of each dough circle. Keeping the rings very wide and loose, carefully dip dough into hot oil, turning carefully with the forks for a few minutes.
- Rosettes will puff up like a rose, then start to turn golden. Quickly remove from oil and drain.
- Spoon syrup over rosettes and serve. Marlene
NotesSaw this recipe on the TOH BB and just had to copy it for future trying. It sounds delicious and would look so appealing due to its shape.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More