- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup juice from canned sliced beets - reserve the beets
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp Mixed pickling spices
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 whole cloves
- 12 Hard - cooked eggs
- 1 Small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- Jar with a lid - large enough to hold 12 eggs plus onions
- In a large bowl combine beet juice, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, pickling spices, water and salt; mix well.
- Remove shells from eggs.
- Pack eggs, beets and onions in a jar, alternating layers.
- Put a clove in the bottom and middle and top of jar - pour in juice mix to cover.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 days