- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup juice from canned sliced beets - reserve the beets
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp Mixed pickling spices
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 whole cloves
- 12 Hard - cooked eggs
- 1 Small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- Jar with a lid - large enough to hold 12 eggs plus onions
- In a large bowl combine beet juice, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, pickling spices, water and salt; mix well.
- Remove shells from eggs.
- Pack eggs, beets and onions in a jar, alternating layers.
- Put a clove in the bottom and middle and top of jar - pour in juice mix to cover.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 days
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Italy or BustSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More