- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. flour
- 3/4 c. rye flour
- 2 Tb. granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. unsalted butter, chilled
- 2/3 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. currants (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly butter a baking sheet.
- In large bowl stir together the flours, sugar, baking powder, caraway seeds baking soda and salt. Cut butter into 1/2" cubes and distribute over flour mixture. With pastry blender or two knives used scissors fashion, cut in butter 'til mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir buttermilk into flour mixture and knead 'til combined. Knead in currants, if desired.
- With lightly floured hands, pat dough into a 1/2" thickness on lightly floured cutting board. Using a 2 1/2" diameter biscuit cutter or glass, cut out rounds from dough. Gather craps together and repeat 'til all dough is used. Place rounds on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 min. or 'til lightly browned.
- Remove the baking sheet to wire rack and cool 5 min. Using spatula, transfer scones to wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cool completely and store in airtight container.
Notes"Split these scones and fill them with ham, cheese and mustard for mini sandwiches."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Koken met Oma
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More