- Cooking Time: 35 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1-2 Tbsp of oil (safflower, sunflower, canola, etc.)
- 1 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup apple, cored and roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups rabiole, roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups squash (acorn or butternut), peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 to 2 cups almond/soymilk/milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or less- to taste)
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, apple, rabiole, squash, and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until all of the vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Puree the vegetables in a blender or food processor. Add the "milk", maple syrup, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Return the pot to the stove, bring the soup to a simmer, and serve.
NotesDelicious and complex flavors with a velvety texture. Perfect for those cold Fall/winter days.
If you're looking for another recipe using almost all the same ingredients- check out my oven roasted root vegetables medley.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More