- Cooking Time: 35 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1-2 Tbsp of oil (safflower, sunflower, canola, etc.)
- 1 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup apple, cored and roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups rabiole, roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups squash (acorn or butternut), peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 to 2 cups almond/soymilk/milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or less- to taste)
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, apple, rabiole, squash, and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until all of the vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Puree the vegetables in a blender or food processor. Add the "milk", maple syrup, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Return the pot to the stove, bring the soup to a simmer, and serve.
NotesDelicious and complex flavors with a velvety texture. Perfect for those cold Fall/winter days.
If you're looking for another recipe using almost all the same ingredients- check out my oven roasted root vegetables medley.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More